Monday, October 15, 2012

Week 5 Reflection''

This week we did another assessment and learned all of the formulas.   We also spent a couple of days trying to T-Bone one buggy car with another.  The reason that we did this was to fine tune all of the things we did so far.  Like measuring how far we had to go in order to get to the "X" in the middle, using all of the formulas as in y=mxb, v=vi, etc.  All of these things helped me to, in a way, study about the assessment.   It worked because I got all 3s and 4s.  I'm pretty proud of myself and i believe that I'm doing pretty well in the class so far.  As always I'm looking forward to what we are going to learn this week, especially since we are starting a new unit and i get a whole new group.  I love meeting new people and i love learning, which is a pretty good trait to have in school i believe.

The way that we figured out how far the buggy cars needed to go was by calculating how many centimeters each car went in one second, how far the two starting lines were away from the ending point, and how many seconds/centimeters we needed to put the cars in order for them to crash.  The experiment went rather well, on the second try our two buggy cars managed to smack right into each other and i felt rather proud that they did.  The whole experiment, i discovered later, was designed to make us use all of the formulas and other things we had learned in order to do and solve our experiment.  After the crashing of the cars we had to white board the results and how we got them.  So like I said, everything we've learned so far.


Hopefully I’ll continue to get better at what I do in the class and master the ways of the graphs and formulas.  This next week I’m hoping that we start to drop stuff off of roofs, I love seeing things break.  As always I’m looking forward to this next week of learning and can’t wait to see what it holds in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment